This camp is designed for children age 10 - 16. Kids will be involved in hands on experiences with their horse. The program starts on Sunday evening and is concluded on Thursday evening, with a horse show, complete with trophies and ribbons. They will be responsible for there own horse and equipment. They learn horse husbandry skills and equipment care. Every morning they will help catch and saddle their own horse.
You will arrive at the ranch on the first day of camp between 5:00 - 6:00 P.M. and an orientation period will immediately follow. We will once again have wagon rides, horse show and a dinner on Thursday night.
Camps are a cost of $680.00 and are available for kids age 10-16. (Scholarships available for local kids and return campers.)
The 2013 camp dates are:
- June 16-20
- June 23-27 (Advanced Camp - call for more info)
- July 7-11 (FULL)
- July 21-25
- July 28 - Aug 1 (FULL)
- Aug. 4 - 8
Thursday night dinner for parents and other adult guests will be $18.50/person. Children 6-11 are $8.50 and kids 5 and under are free.
- Arrival & Check in
- Orientation (meet everyone)
- Horse assignment, watch safety movie & meet horses
- Breakfast Orientation and basic
- Horse and tack assignments
- First riding session - learn basic skills in arena
- Free time
- Second riding session - continue skills lesson and go on short trail ride.
- Camp fire and evening games
- Third riding session- practice events for horse show
- Fourth riding session- learn mounted drill team for horse show
- Archery practice
- Prepare for day ride to Grouse Creek Fallslunch at the falls
- Ride back to Ranch
- Fire side and yard activities
- mounted scavenger hunt
- Horse drawn wagon rides
- Horse show
WHAT TO BRING
1. Jeans for riding, long and short sleeve shirts, jacket, rain coat and swimming suit.
2. Sleeping bag,
3. Personal items
4. Cowboy boots, If you do not have your own please try to borrow a pair.
5. Rain Slicker
6. SEI approved riding Helmet or we will provide one for you.